At the Highway Food Plaza

I wonder what a day at the highway food plaza would be like?
Will I see illegal two-wheelers tempos carts carrying vegetables and supplies
Cleaners trash pickers coming by rickshawloads
Will I hear bhakti music or capitalist muzak in the morning
Will there be a drunkard groggily stumbling around
Will there ever be silence?

When will the leftovers be cleaned?
When will the leftover start searching for the missed shivneri and asiad?
Helter-skelter in the rain outside
Crowded covered commerce consuming chicken customers chamberside

Tea and wada pav for MSRTC
Starbucks and burgers for Mercedes
Observe lane discipline on the highway
Observe class lines off the highway

When will the tyres burst?
Two trucks pull in patients
Will I see luminescent leaking coolants and prismatic empty petrol
How much will the mechanoshepherd fleece?

Sparrow and crow and ant
A stray dog here too
Will they give me company?
Cigarette smoke, tobacco spit, urine stench
They will give me company.

Dawn to Dusk will the buzz ever end?
Despite, will the night end in respite?
What will I discover
In a day at the highway food plaza?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Mehrauli Memoirs Part 6: Where is Zafar?

The Mehrauli Memoirs Part 7: Zafar's Absent Grave

The Mehrauli Memoirs Part 3: The Video Call